Dhaka Stock Exchange Limited
Weekly Report 
(August 13 to August 17, 2017)
           
Total Trading Days 3 5
Particulars Current week Last week % Change
Total Turnover Value in Tk. 24,464,169,912 48,794,534,964 (49.86)
Category A (86.18%) 21,084,360,912 43,402,629,964  
Category B (4.63%) 1,132,426,000 1,561,264,000  
Category G (0.00%) 0 0  
Category N (7.66%) 1,872,766,000 3,193,760,000  
Category  Z (1.53%) 374,617,000 636,881,000  
Daily Average Turnover Value in Tk.  8,154,723,304 9,758,906,993 (16.44)
Total Turnover Volume in Nos. 751,386,431 1,747,074,354 (56.99)
Daily Average Volume in Nos. 250,462,144 349,414,871  
Total Howla in Nos. 395,683 717,045 (44.82)
Daily Average Howla in Nos. 131,894 143,409  
Weighted Average P/E 16.21 16.23 (0.15)
No. of Traded Issues
Total 335 335
Advanced 90 129
Declined 230 185
Unchanged 14 20
Not Traded 1 1
DSE 30 Index (DS30)
Current week Last week
Opening day of this week 2,125.72 2,123.12
Closing day of this week 2,109.10 2,125.72
Change within a week          (%) (0.78) 0.12
Change within a week          (Point) (16.62) 2.60
DSE Broad Index (DSEX)
Current week Last week
Opening day of this week 5,901.81 5,880.45
Closing day of this week 5,861.12 5,901.81
Change within a week          (%) (0.69) 0.36
Change within a week          (Point) (40.69) 21.36
DSEX Shariah Index (DSES)
Current week Last week
Opening day of this week 1,314.54 1,311.63
Closing day of this week 1,304.18 1,314.54
Change within a week          (%) (0.79) 0.22
Change within a week          (Point) (10.36) 2.91
Market Capitalisation in Tk. 
Current week Last week % Change 
Opening day of this week 3,973,181,129,503 3,955,694,533,249  
Closing day of this week 3,970,482,440,041 3,973,181,129,503 (0.07)
Other Information *
% of DSE 30 Market Capitalisation 45.42 45.39
% of Multinational Companies M. Cap. 23.81 23.79
* For % calculation considering total Market Cap.
Top 10 gainer companies  by closing price of all companies
Sl. Name of securities Category % Change Deviation % Turnover Value Daily avg. turnover
No. (High & Low) in Tk.  value in Tk.
1 BBS Cables Limited N 19.45 28.16 1,144,207,000                  381,402,333
2 Pubali Bank Ltd.  A 17.50 22.92 463,058,000                  154,352,667
3 Monno Jute Stafflers Ltd. A 16.44 16.99 11,879,000                      3,959,667
4 Uttara Bank Ltd.  A 15.73 20.42 733,206,000                  244,402,000
5 JMI Syringes & Medical Devices Ltd. A 12.29 12.94 270,670,000                    90,223,333
6 GQ Ball Pen Industries Ltd.  A 11.66 13.75 107,611,000                    35,870,333
7 Dutch-Bangla Bank Ltd.  A 11.40 16.26 283,646,000                    94,548,667
8 The IBN SINA  Pharmaceutical Industry Ltd. A 9.81 11.13 286,340,000                    95,446,667
9 BD.Autocars Ltd. B 9.69 16.06 78,138,000                    26,046,000
10 Monno Ceramic Industries Ltd. B 9.35 13.32 58,360,000                    19,453,333
'Z' category companies have been kept out from computation of top ten gainer list.
Top 10 loser companies  by closing price of all companies
Sl. Name of securities Category % Change Deviation % Turnover Value Daily avg. turnover
No. (High & Low) in Tk.  value in Tk.
1 Sunlife Insurance Company Limited Z (12.45) 24.50 9,732,000                      3,244,000
2 Imam Button Industries Ltd. Z (9.45) 13.89 722,000                         240,667
3 CAPM BDBL Mutual Fund 01 A (9.28) 11.76 2,288,000                         762,667
4 Dulamia Cotton Spinning Mills Ltd (DCSML) Z (8.53) 13.04 909,000                         303,000
5 ICB AMCL Second Mutual Fund A (8.08) 10.00 1,520,000                         506,667
6 Beach Hatchery Ltd. Z (7.91) 14.19 11,138,000                      3,712,667
7 Fu Wang Food Ltd.  A (7.81) 9.36 354,268,000                  118,089,333
8 Regent Textile Mills Limited  A (7.01) 8.37 53,432,000                    17,810,667
9 Prime Finance First Mutual Fund A (6.90) 8.70 30,507,000                    10,169,000
10 Maksons Spinning Mills Ltd  Z (6.67) 8.11 18,983,000                      6,327,667
Top 10 companies by turnover value in Tk. for the current week
Sl. Name of securities Category Turnover Value in Tk. Turnover  % of  total Turn.  %
No. Volume in Nos.   value in Tk.  change
1 BBS Cables Limited N 1,144,207,000 9,394,071 4.68 19.45
2 IFIC Bank Ltd.  A 838,181,000 40,949,573 3.43 (1.50)
3 Uttara Bank Ltd.  A 733,206,000 22,098,111 3.00 15.73
4 IFAD Autos Limited  A 718,888,000 4,433,026 2.94 1.51
5 C & A Textiles Limited A 561,574,000 40,906,045 2.30 (6.43)
6 City Bank Ltd.  A 513,236,000 11,787,894 2.10 (4.11)
7 Fortune Shoes Limited N 500,893,000 8,934,678 2.05 (3.36)
8 Pubali Bank Ltd.  A 463,058,000 16,517,664 1.89 17.50
9 Grameenphone Ltd.  A 430,397,000 1,111,416 1.76 3.13
10 Mercantile Bank Ltd.  A 420,718,000 16,619,631 1.72 (0.80)
  Total   6,324,358,000 172,752,109 25.85  
Top 10 gainer  by closing price for the A category
Sl. Name of securities % change Deviation % Turnover Value Turnover  Volume
No. (High & low)  in Tk. in Nos.
1 Pubali Bank Ltd.  17.50 22.92 463058000 16,517,664
2 Monno Jute Stafflers Ltd. 16.44 16.99 11879000 16,149
3 Uttara Bank Ltd.  15.73 20.42 733206000 22,098,111
4 JMI Syringes & Medical Devices Ltd. 12.29 12.94 270670000 1,320,140
5 GQ Ball Pen Industries Ltd.  11.66 13.75 107611000 988,154
6 Dutch-Bangla Bank Ltd.  11.40 16.26 283646000 2,042,393
7 The IBN SINA  Pharmaceutical Industry Ltd. 9.81 11.13 286340000 1,080,397
8 Delta Brac Housing Fin.Corp.Ltd. 8.74 11.32 200749000 1,642,843
9 Stylecraft Limited 7.38 7.22 3293000 2,288
10 Phoenix Finance and Investments Ltd.  6.62 13.64 100364000 3,287,144
Top 10 gainer  by closing price for the B,G, N & Z category
Sl. Name of securities Category % change Deviation % Turnover Value Turnover  Volume
No. (High & low)  in Tk. in Nos.
1  Samata Leather Complex Ltd.    Z 
22.75
                         32.67                14,990,000                         306,596
2  BBS Cables Limited   N 
19.45
                         28.16           1,144,207,000                      9,394,071
3  Savar Refractories Limited   Z 
14.25
                         16.78                     844,000                           10,353
4  BD.Autocars Ltd.   B 
9.69
                         16.06                78,138,000                         658,685
5  Monno Ceramic Industries Ltd.   B 
9.35
                         13.32                58,360,000                      1,298,137
6  Aziz Pipes Ltd.    Z 
9.19
                           9.05                  4,910,000                           40,473
7  Fine Foods Limited   B 
7.30
                           9.49                69,412,000                      1,446,694
8  Legacy Footwear Ltd.   Z 
6.80
                         11.48                16,148,000                         496,940
9  Kay & Que Ltd.    Z 
4.63
                         10.99                22,627,000                         232,622
10  Hakkani Pulp & Paper Ltd.    B 
3.25
                           9.16                48,099,000                         700,300
 
Disclosure of this week
This year
Last year
1 ICB AMCL Sonali Bank Limited 1st Mutual Fund 7.5%C 7.5%C
2  IFIL Islamic Mutual Fund-1 9%C 10%C
3  ICB AMCL Third NRB Mutual Fund 5%C 5%C
4 Phoenix Finance 1st Mutual Fund 5%C 5%C
5 Prime Bank 1st ICB AMCL Mutual Fund 7%C 7%C
6  ICB Employees Provident MF 1: Scheme 1 6.5%C 6%C
7 ICB AMCL Second Mutual Fund 6%C 5%C
8 ICB AMCL 2nd NRB Mutual Fund 12%C 10%C
9 Sunlife Insurance Company Limited Nil Nil
10 BSRM Steels Limited 15% C ( Interim 20%C total 35%C) 30%C
11 Bangladesh Steel Re-Rolling Mills Limited 10% B (Interim 10%C total 20%Dividend) 5%C, 10%B
12 CAPM BDBL Mutual Fund 01 2%C Nil